The Fine Arts Building Backfill Project has been underway since 2015. Construction will continue through early 2016.
October Update of construction and possible impacts to you:
- Roof replacement is substantially complete over the south wing with the east and north wings anticipated to be complete by the end of November.
- The 5th floor North wing is closed for construction and will remain closed until January 2016.
- The North and East wings of floor 4 are closed for construction and will remain closed until January 2016.
- The north side elevator lobby stairs will be closed independently for a period of up to 2 weeks each. Building circulation will be by the south side stairs. Circulation through the closed levels of the north side stairs will be for emergency egress only. The north elevator will still be available for use except to levels that are closed.The Approximate dates for closings of specific areas is as follows:
Level 3 elevator / stair lobby to be closed on or about 10/13/15 to 10/27/15
Level 2 elevator / stair lobby to be closed on or about 10/28/15 to 11/10/15
Level 1 elevator / stair lobby to be closed on or about 11/11/15 to 11/25/15
- The construction staging area to the west (Performing Arts side) is currently being cleaned up and restored and is anticipated to be reopened by the beginning of November.
- The fenced area to the east (Chemistry side) will remain as a construction staging area until the completion of the project.
- November roofing activities will require a crane to be placed on the north side of the building (pond side). During this duration the north side entrance and sidewalk will be closed to all access. As more information is available from the contractor it will share it with you.
- The accessible route to the Fine Arts Building is through the Engineering building if approaching from the west and directly into the ground floor if approaching from the east.